Adoption Lawyer in Myrtle Beach, SC
Daniel A. Selwa, Attorney at Law, is an adoption lawyer located in Surfside Beach, SC who accepts adoption cases in Horry County, Georgetown County, and the surrounding areas.
We help families to understand and navigate the complex process of adopting a child, whether you are seeking to adopt a step-child, a grandchild, or a foster child, or are using an adoption agency to locate and adopt the next member of your family.
There are few things more important than giving a permanent home and stability to a child, and you need to get an experienced adoption lawyer on board as soon as possible to ensure that the process goes smoothly.
Helping with adoptions in Horry County and Georgetown County, SC, is one of the parts of our job that makes everything worthwhile. This is one aspect of family law when everyone in the courtroom knows they are making a difference in a child’s life, and few experiences in the practice of law are more rewarding than seeing the smile on a child’s face at the end of their adoption hearing.
Your Horry County adoption attorney will be there with you at every step of the adoption process, answering your questions, researching legal issues that arise, speaking on your behalf to the courts and other parties, and making sure that, as much as possible, 1) your adoption process goes smoothly and 2) there are no grounds for third parties to challenge the adoption later.
Adoption Attorneys Who Care
At the Surfside Beach, SC, adoption law firm of Daniel A. Selwa, Attorney at Law, we help our clients to plan and finalize all types of adoptions.
Parents in Myrtle Beach, Horry County, and the surrounding area turn to us when they need someone to trust with their family’s future stability. Your adoption lawyer should be someone who cares – not just an attorney looking for a paycheck.
When you call our office for help planning or finalizing your adoption, we will:
- Answer your questions and help you to determine if adoption is the right answer for you and your child,
- Help you to identify and connect with an adoption agency when appropriate,
- Help you to get a home study done when necessary,
- Determine the type of adoption that fits your circumstances,
- Draft and file your legal pleadings for adoption,
- Identify, locate, and serve the pleadings on all parties to the action,
- Obtain voluntary consent to adoption from each party whenever possible,
- Initiate termination of parental rights proceedings through the family court when appropriate, and
- Follow through to obtain a final adoption from the family court, remaining available to answer your questions after the proceedings are complete.